You may not know about this all this while, but boiled apple is actually good for your health, even stewed apple is more healthy for your gut. Do you know what researchers found about apples? Just eating apples helps to reduce the risk of asthma, heart disease, and type-2 diabetes.
In this article, you will learn some of the benefits of boiled apples and stewed apples and how to make both stewed apple and boiled apples.
What are the benefits of boiled apples?
Do you know that boiled apples help flush that extra fat that has built up in your system? Yes, it does, and also aids digestion including making you fell completely filled.
The pectin found in apples is what helps in reducing fat absorption in the cells. You have to understand that whether you cook apples or eat them as they are, either way, they are healthy and good for you.
1. Boiled apples for a healthy heart
Boiled apples are a source of remedy for a healthy heart, it also helps to control heart attacks and other similar diseases. Boiled apples help with blood flow and air supply to the heart, this means you get to have a healthy heart.
2. Boiled apples prevent fatigue
Boiled apples help reduce and also prevent excessive fatigue. Obesity is one big problem these days, consuming these cooked apples can help. It helps prevent the main cause of obesity which is excessive fat. If losing weight is your main priority, then it can aid with weight loss and most illnesses that are associated with obesity.
3. Boiled apples control body sugar
Boiled apples help to control and maintain sugar level which is beneficial for those with diabetes. You can control the blood sugar consuming boiled apples, to help normalize blood sugar levels for people with diabetes.
4. Boiled apples for cholesterol
Boiled apple helps in a good way of controlling the body level of cholesterol. It is very effective as a remedy to control cholesterol levels in the body, also helps to prevent other heart conditions. These conditions include stroke and any other heart complications.
5. Boiled apples for diarrhea
Boiled apples can be used to increase digestions and daily diarrhea. The pink soft apples can help achieve these results, this is because it helps the body absorb needed nutrients instead of fat.
6. Boiled apples for constipation
Boiled apples can help if you are having constipation. That is where digestion comes in, indigestion also causes constipation which boiled apples help to solve. Eating both boiled apples and the water from red apples is ideal for this.
Does boiling apples remove nutrients?
It is generally accepted that cooking does destroy some heat-sensitive vitamins in both fruits and vegetables, such as vitamin C and folate. But in other cases, cooking fruit and vegetables can actually make it much easier for the body to absorb the nutrients they contain.
What researchers also found is that, even though some nutrients are lost through cooking, some other vegetables also retain some substantial vitamins and mineral concentrations. All these occur depending on the various cooking methods you use. Some of these cooking methods can include, steaming, stir-frying, simmering and blanching. Also it is recommended to avoid using big pots of water to overcook.
Read this now: Do You Have Chronic Pain? Find Red Light Therapy Near Me
How to make stewed apples
There are many ways you serve a stewed apples cab, it can be served as a pudding by simply serving it warm with cream or ice cream. You can also choose to serve it as a whole meal, either served with granola and yogurt.
You can use the Bramley while apples to get a really soft texture. If you want a more chunky meal then use any seasonal apples.
But you can choose to use both apples as a mixture.
How to stew apples
- About 500g apples or 5 apples
- About 50g of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
Other flavours to use (just for change)
How to make
- Peel off the back of apple and core the apples.
- Cut or chop the apples in chunks.
- Heat the pan/pot just over medium heat.
- Pour the apple chunks into the pan including the water and sugar.
- Stir the mixture then cover with a lid.
- Leave for about 3-5 minutes.
- Take off lid then stir gently but properly and cover back.
- Repeat the process of stir and cover until the apple becomes really soft.
- You can add more sugar if needed, but if too sweet, add some lemon juice.
- Now the stewed apple is ready.
- Can be served hot or cold and can be preserved in the fridge for about 5 days.
How to boil apples
- 10 pieces of apples (any variety)
- 3 cups of water
- 2-3 tablespoon of honey
- 1-2 tablespoon of salted butter
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Leave or take the skin off.
- Chop into pieces (1 inch preferably).
- Put the chop apples into the pan or pot and add water.
- Cover the pot or pan with and boil for 10 minutes.
- Allow the apple to boil until it is soft.
- Drain the water and add other ingredients.
- Stir properly to the make ingredients even.
- Ready to be served. Can be refrigerated for 5-7 days.
What are some benefits of eating apples?
Here are some of the important benefits of eating apples.
- Apple is a source of fiber and vitamin C, and it contains polyphenols.
- Apples help with weight loss and are really filling which is good for weight loss because of the high fiber content.
- Apples help to promote heart health, it contains high soluble fiber that lowers body cholesterol and also helps lower blood pressure and the risk of stroke.
- Apples help to lower the risk of type 2 diabetes because of the antioxidant content.
- Apples help protect against obesity, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes by feeding the good bacteria in the body.
- Apples contain natural compounds that may help fight cancer, according to studies, which shows that it helps reduce the risk of cancer.
- Apples help regulate immune responses and protect from asthma because it contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Apple help promotes bone health and preserves bone mass while aging, this is possible because of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds in apples.
- Apples help protect the stomach lining injuries from painkillers NSAID because of the compounds in apples.
- Apples may help memory by preventing neurotransmitter’s decline according to an animal study.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating a boiled Apple?
- Weight Management
- Bowel Health
- Fight Free Radical Damage
- Possible Gas and Bloating
- Apple Allergy
- Pesticide Exposure
Related: How To Get Rid Of Heartburn Fast
Is eating 3 apples a day too much for our body?
Eating 3 apples is absolutely fine even though apples contain sugar and are high in fiber. 3 apples a day will certainly not cause harm and would probably not increase blood sugar.
I would suggest you eat different varieties of fruit because this is a good practice for good nutrition if you include other fruits and vegetables good for the body.
Should you peel an apple before eating?
It is good practice to peel apples before eating. Apple is a very nutritious fruit, adds so many benefits to the body, but the questions of “should you peel an apple before eating?” is very important because of external influencers to these fruits.
There is more nutrition under the peel, but due to the huge commercial interest and demand for apples, they have added too many chemicals on it. These chemicals are in the form pesticides, chemical wash and wax. This chemicals are very hazardous for health and eating it will actually send you to the doctor instead of saving you.
Also, insect infections and allergens can also be present on the peel, in most cases this should go out after a wash.
It is best to eat apples without the peels to avoid consuming all those commercial and for-profit intended chemicals that are hazardous to health.
Why is it dangerous to eat unripe apples?
It is better to eat apples when they are ripe, even though unripe apples are not dangerous. Unripe apples are hard on the inside, sour, grainy texture, not sweet, and can cause digestive discomfort due to the excessive ethylene gas it produces.