The cashew tree has been around for centuries and has served as one of the most popular fruits with much-needed health benefits. The health benefits of cashew are huge, from the seed, apple, leaves, oil, and bark have a lot of potentials for human consumption.
Another name for cashew is Anacardium Occidentale, it is an evergreen tropical tree that produces the cashew seed and cashew apple. Cashews are rich in protein and rich in heart-healthy fatty acids.
Some health benefits of cashew leaves and bark
- The cashew leaves and bark help to boost immunity,
- It contains antifungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties,
- Helps to kill some cancerous cells
- Help to fight diabetes
- It helps to alleviate heart disease
You will need a hand full of the cashew bark, wash it, then boil for about 15-20mins. Let it cool to room temperature before drinking. Drink one glass of the liquid at night before going to bed. This will reduce the sugar in your system and encourage the insulin to regulate the sugar in d blood.
Extract the oil from the cashew nut, apply it in the affected areas morning and night.
For antifungal and antiseptic.
Get a handful of fresh cashew leaves and ferment in 1.5cl of water for 24hrs. Drink half a glass of the fermented water in the morning and at night.
You can chew the roasted cashew seeds to promote a healthy heart and boost the immune system.
For hair growth, cancer cells, and blood pressure.
Get a handful of dried cashew bark and leaves, grind into powder and take it like tea. This will help increase hair growth, help reduces blood pressure and also help to kill cancerous cells.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Heartburn Fast.
Health benefits of cashew milk
- The cashew milk contains nutrients such as healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- It contains polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids which will help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It contains antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin which prevents free radicals which can cause damage to eyes caused by unstable molecules.
- Cashew milk contains vitamin K which helps to prevent blood clotting.
- Cashew milk helps control blood sugar levels in diabetes due to the compounds it contains.
- Cashew milk is rich in minerals and copper which promote healthy and smooth skin.
- It contains anacardic acid compounds which help to prevent some cancer cells to develop and serves as an anticancer.
- It contains antioxidants and zinc which helps to boost immune systems.
- Cashew milk is good for people allergic to the dairy product, it doesn’t contain lactose.
Read Also: Is Boiled Apple Good For Health?
Benefits of cashew nuts for brain
Some of the benefits of eating cashew nuts for the brain include:
- Cashew contains copper which helps to promote a healthy brain by producing hormones and enzymes in the body.
- The copper in cashew helps prevent the brain from developing any mental disorders by producing dopamine and serotonin.
- Cashew increases the level of oxygen in the brain increasing a strong memory for the brain.
- A good functioning immune system increases the power of the brain to function.
- Cashew help to boost the production of brain cells due to the presence of poly-saturated and mon-saturated fats.
- Cashew contains magnesium which helps prevents the brain from developing muscle spasms.
Health benefits of cashew butter
Some of the benefits of cashew butter include the control of blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol control, immune system, metabolism, and bone health. This is because cashew butter contains monounsaturated fatty acids, essential amino acids, and magnesium. The creamy appearance and taste of cashew butter make it a great choice, also its low-fat content makes it preferable to other nut butter.
Benefits of cashew nuts for babies
Cahsew nuts are good for babies and has its benefits on babies including as a source of omega fats for brain and nervous system development. The copper, magnesium and amino acids in cashew nut help to increase cell growth in babies, ans also a source eof fat and iron babies.
Benefits of cashew in pregnancy
Cashew has a lot of benefits for pregnancy, it helps in the healthy growth of the fetus. Cashew nut also provides the pregnant body with the required nutrients for a healthy pregnancy. A pregnant mother requires certain essential food during pregnancy which is found in organic cashew. These food ingredients include, copper, vitamins, carbohydrates, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus present in cashew are an essential requirement for pregnant mothers.
Read Also: What To Eat For Early Labor Pain.
Benefits of cashew oil
Benefits of cashew nut oil on skin
- Cashew oil helps maintain even skin tone and also improve skin complexion.
- Cashew nut oil help to give the skin a very smooth texture and ease skin dryness.
- It helps skin retain moisture due to the presence of unsaturated fatty acids in cashew.
- Cashew nut oil helps to reduce aging signs due to the presence of vitamin E which acts as an anti-aging properties.
- Cashew nut oil helps fight skin infections like warts and it also treats fungal infections.
Read Also: What is Luffa Cylindrica? (Sponge Gourd).
Benefits of cashew nut oil on hair
- The cashew oil promotes shiny and smooth texture of the hair.
- Cashew oil also helps in aiding baldness when applied regularly.
- Cashew nut oil helps in treating scalp infection.